I have been making this exact recipe for years, and so did my mom before me. It was a favorite of my brother and I growing up. Althought others have suggested adding some form of liquid to the meat there is no need to do so.
As long as you cook on low your meat will come out perfectly tender 6 to 8 hours later.
I have cooked smaller roasts for slightly less time, and much larger roasts for a few hours longer, adding an extra can of soup or the larger roasts.
The only change we make is that we don’t pour the mixture in then coat the meat with it. We do as follows:
1. Line baking dish with aluminum foil (make it lon enough to wrap around the meat) or one of those reynolds oven bags
2. place the meat in the baking dish
3. spread the cream of mushroom soup over the top of the meat and down the sides
4. sprinkle onion soup mix over top
5. add veggies around meat
6. wrap and tent the meat with the aluminum foil or close the oven bag
7. Cook at 275 for 6 to 8 hours ENJOY!!!!
If done correctly the meat comes out so tender it melts in your mouth and it makes its own gravy. My brother and I called this stringy meat when we were little because it literally falls apart and almost looks stringy.
To Find Out All The Delicious Ingredients And The Step By Step Directions To Follow, Please Head On Over To The Next Page.